martes, 8 de octubre de 2024

¡MODERN LOVE!

 



Back in the eighties everything was a big question mark for me but it was fun. The best years of my life even though it was a time of confusion. Let me tell you that uncertainty did not win and my enemies failed entirely when they tried to drag me out of my path. Despair was the damp of hell and joy was the serenity of my heaven. I simply won a trip to happiness when I kept loyal to myself. I never listened to those toxic folks who surrounded me then. Accepting my true nature was the key to victory.

In fact, I had some doubts too but I could not trade myself for anyone despite all the blows in my fucking life. Having said that; there will never be a time like that magic decade; we got freedom, the best bands, the best people and everything literally smelt like being creative. Glory days indeed. The soundtrack of my life; Queen, Simple Minds, Madness, Stray Cats, The Smith, Rocky Sharpe and the Replays, the Clash and of course David Bowie.  I remember that after not touring for a couple of years, throwing a group together last minute, and having to follow Queen after one of the greatest performance in music history. This lad walked out in a suit and rocks live as hard if not harder than before. Bowie was in a league of his own. A legend. In retrospect review Modern Love, one of the tracks in the Album Let´s Dance, is a masterpiece and can be considered one of his best songs ever. If I can recall correctly the single release was a completely success peaking on number two on UK singles charts and every time, I feel gloomy I play Modern Love to remind me that I have lived to the full.

¡Enjoy!

Sergio Calle Llorens

 

 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario